If you’re a publisher or author interested in having your book considered for review, I’ve got a few rules:
- I’m not interested in YA (sorry!)
- I receive a lot of books. I don’t review every book I receive. Only ones that I thought were exemplary in some way will end up on the site.
- On average I review about 50% Speculative Fiction (more Science Fiction than Fantasy) and 50% Contemporary Literature.
- I prefer physical copies over digital. A physical copy makes it several times more likely that your book will be read. If submitting a digital copy, please submit in a DRM free .ePub format. For graphic novels/comic books, please submit in a DRM free .cbr/.cbz format.
- I like small presses / micro presses. You folks rock.
- I tend to enjoy most books published by Tin House, Tor, Orbit, FSG Originals, Two Dollar Radio, Subterranean, Nightshade Books, Coffee House Press, Graywolf etc. If your book would fit in with one of those publishers, I’ll probably be into it.
- If I’ve reviewed a book from you before, I’m probably into what else you have to offer in the future.
- I’m just one guy, be patient with me. If I’m going to feature your book, I’ll let you know.
If all of that sounds good, send me a message here. Include “Book Submission” somewhere in the subject, and include a synopsis in the body of the message. If submitting a digital copy, attach it to the email or use a service like wetransfer. If submitting a physical book / ARC, I will reply with my mailing address.